The Furniture Project - Nottinghamshire
The Furniture Project is run by a team of committed staff and volunteers, who are motivated by the need to provide good quality re-usable household items to people and families in necessitous circumstances. In meeting this need we are encouraged that our actions also help in the reduction of items going to landfill.
Aims of The Furniture Project
- To provide low cost good quality furniture and other household items to help people in times of need.
- To prevent waste by recycling furniture and other household items.
- To offer a service to the public by recycling their unwanted furniture & household items and putting them to good use within the community.
- To provide volunteers with training to help them get back into paid employment, or add a new dimension to the lives of those who are retired or in part time employment.
- To provide 'community payback' opportunities for Nottinghamshire Probation Service placements. Offenders work on a range of re-use and recycling tasks, as well as administrative duties.